Satyagraha College of Education is managed by Rahul Shikshan Prasarak Mandal. It is a registered charitable Trust registered in 1981, under Societies Registration Act and Bombay Public Charitable Trust Act. It is a prime charitable trust in the area of Education, Training, Research, Consultancy, Guidance and Publication. It has more than two decades of experience in the field of education.
Rahul Shikshan Prasarak Mandal is running Pre-Primary, Primary, Secondary, Higher Secondary, College & Research Institutes in Marathwada & Konkan Region in Maharashtra.
The first Governing Body of the Trust was comprised of Freedom Fighter, Ramrao Harirao as Advisor of RSPM as well as other members who participated in the ‘Hyderabad Liberation Movement’. Well known educationist Dr. G. K. Dongargaonkar, M.Com, M.M.S., LL.B., Ph.D. laid its foundation. It derives its objective from the constitution of India and its Principal Architecture Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar. This Trust believes in the principles of equality, fraternity, justice and brotherhood as encompassed in the constitution of India. It’s function is to reestablish & promotion of social justice through education. Its primary aim is to promote education among the weaker section of society in particular and all in general.
Our Satyagraha College of Education is devoted and dedicated to the ideas of Dr. B. R. Ambedkar and his followers who battled for establishing human rights to the people of India. The name of college Satyagraha reflects symbol, memory and philosophy behind the Satyagraha Movement lead by Dr. B. R. Ambedkar known as Chavdar Tale Satyagraha of Mahad, District Raigad.
Rahul Shikshan Prasarak Mandal has constituted Local Management Committee as per Mumbai University notification and the Local Management Committee of the Satyagraha College of Education is as under :
LOCAL MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE OF SATYAGRAHA COLLEGE OF EDUCATION
- Dr. G. K. Dongargaonkar – Chairman ( Com., M.M.S., LL.B., Ph.D. )
- Mr. Amarchand Hadoltikar – Member ( B.A., B. Ed. )
- Dr. Pradnya G. Dongargaonkar – Member ( M.B.B.S. )
- Mr. R. K. Gaikwad – Member, IAS (Retd. Secretary – Department of Minority)
- Ven. Bhadant Upgupta Mahathera – Member, M.A., NET (Pali & Buddhism)
- Dr. G. M. Talhar – Member (Com., LL.B., Ph.D.)
- Prof. M. V. Tigote – Member Representative (A., M.Ed. of Teaching Staff)
- Prof. Manisha Pravin Bhotkar – Member (M.A., M.Ed, NET ) Representative of Teaching Staff
- Ms. Sangita M. Waghmare – Member (S. C. Representative of Non Teaching Staff )
- Dr. Rathod L. K. – Member Secretary – M.Sc., M.Ed., Ph.D. Principal